T3:58 AM

ADJECTIVES WITH THEIR PREPOSITIONS VI

embarrassed by / at
  • Are you embarrassed by lack of money?
gifted with
  • She is gifted with rare talents.
imbued with
  • He is imbued with special qualities.
impressed by
  • I am impressed by his many talents.
indebted to (someone) for (something)
  • I am indebted to you for your help.
injurious to
  • Those habits are injurious to health.
loyal to
  • They are loyal to their country.
painful to
  • This duty is painful to me.
pertinent to
  • The question is not pertinent to the problem.
preferable to
  • This is preferable to me.
relevant to
  • The facts are not relevant to the case.
repugnant to
  • That food is repugnant to me.
similar to
  • That is similar to mine.
strange to
  • This handwriting is strange to me
subject to
  • We are subject to our regulations.
superior to
  • That product is superior to this one.
absorbed in
  • He is absorbed in reading.
acquainted with
  • I am not acquainted with him.
accustomed to / used to
  • They are accustomed to hardship.
afflicted by
  • He is afflicted by rheumatism.
amazed at / by
  • I am amazed at her ability.
annoyed with (somebody) / at (something) / about (something)
  • Are you annoyed at his stupidity?
interested in
  • I am interested in his work.
irritated by / with
  • They are irritated by the delay.
married to
  • She is married to an old man.
occupied with
  • He is occupied with his work.
qualified for
  • He is qualified for this post.
related to
  • She is related to me.
satisfied / contented with
  • I am satisfied with your service. 
  • I am contented with my present salary.
shocked / surprised at
  • I am shocked at the news?
  • I am surprised at you.
suited to / for
  • Is Western democracy suited to the nations of Asia?
ENGLISH-ENGLISH GRAMMAR
ENGLISH-ENGLISH GRAMMAR Updated at: 3:58 AM